Wednesday 15 April 2009

Welcome

This blog is intended to provide a platform for exhibition and reflection of the works of art that I create. I occupy myself with various forms of expression though my favourite at the moment are prose, photography and painting. (Random fact: all start with the letter "P," same as both my names. For some strange reason that makes me happy.)

I am impressed with the world around me. Nature fascinates me; because it is perfect. I like to photograph it and share its beauty with other people.

People fascinate me too, though differently; mostly in the insane way we act most of the time. That in turn provokes a lot of thought and it's a great source for reflection. In writing.

I like painting and drawing. It feels like I am in trans and someone else is leading the brush.it is very relaxing. I am still experimenting, trying to develop my own style. Haven't fully succeeded yet, but I am on the way.

I like to make people think, question their ways and way of doing and existence. I wish my art would provoke thoughts in people's heads. It seems to me most of us live on autopilot nowadays. And that makes me sad. If I could make one person think, I would be happy, my purpose would be fulfilled.

I work with my partner sometimes. He is a great source of inspiration, ideas and criticism (though not always constructive :) and reflection. He is a regular subject in my photography and art as well.

I hope you enjoy my little world. Please share your thoughts with me. I appreciate them.

Needless to say, I own full copyrights to all pieces of art and thought expressed on this web.

Thank you.

Polina Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment