Thursday 16 April 2009

Summer Exhibition

Two weeks ago I submitted two works for the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art in London. The Exhibition is held every year without interruption since 1769 and attracts around 10,000 works. The Summer Exhibition is the largest open contemporary art exhibition in the world, drawing together a wide range of new work by both established and unknown living artists
After careful consideration by a special appointed committee, around 1,200 works are selected, the majority of which are for sale.

On May 29, 2009 the Royal Academy will announce the selected works. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I put mine for sale as well. There are also few awards in different categories. I am hoping for the biggest one - £25,000. (How humble of me ;)

Unfortunately, I cannot find a picture of the painting on my computer. I shall upload it shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment